Sunday, March 27, 2011

2011-03-27 La Mussara – Diedres

Heavy rain woke me up at around 4 or 5am.  “Looks like I’m not climbing today…” I thought before nodding off again.  Maurici rang me at 11, convinced me (se seca rápido…) and I went up to Vilaplana.  We decided on Diedres just past the fire-break after Covallonga. 
Donantes De Sangre, 5+Desitg D'Estiu, 5+
Donantes De Sangre, 5+.  Sure lived up to its name – I drew blood on my thumb knuckle.  Not an easy 5+.  Then we do Desitg D’Estiu 5+.  This was quite brute strength as opposed to fine movements in the first route.  Then a monofinger 6a Chaoen Conection.  Fine, and as they say, La Mussara no regala nada.
Chaoen Conection, 6a
Then most definitely the hardest 6a+ I’ve ever climbed in my life – Sis De Deu.  It’s overhanging slightly and thin thin thin.
Sis De Deu, 6a+
The lads from Factor 2 arrive just before we pack up.  “Watch out for that grading!”
Picasa album here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Derek!
    En La Mussara no regalan nada pero escalar allí curte. Después la vías de otras escuelas parecen más fáciles.
    Los dos 5+ del sector a mi me han parecido 6a tranquilamente, sobretodo Desig d'Estiu.
    Chaoen conection dura para el grado, en otros sitios quizás le darían hasta 6b?
    I Sis de deu, buf! No la he encadenado. Dura dura!
    A ver si coincidimos algún otro día o quedamos para escalar! Salut bou!

    ReplyDelete